By Maureen Daniels - October 2020
Thank You to:
• The majority who operate boats and jet skis responsibly and are mindful of how their favorite activity might be affecting others enjoying theirs!
• The members of the Lake Anna Rescue Group (LARG): Louisa and Spotsylvania deputies; Police officers from the Department of Wildlife Resources, formerly known as DGIF; Louisa and Spotsylvania Counties’ Fire & Rescue personnel; particularly, the Spotsylvania Dive Team, all of whom ran patrols on the Lake on weekends and holidays. They provided a consistent presence on the water and were able to respond to incidents in a more timely manner.
Members of LARG participate in two drills each year. The goal is to to improve communication, cooperation and coordination of assets and personnel from all the agencies who respond to emergencies on Lake Anna.
• To all members of the Lake Anna community who have installed yellow and black 911 signs on their docks and in common areas. All incidents on the water are dispatched to the exact dock sign—or nearest sign—which serve as water based 911 addresses for law enforcement and fire & rescue. In some cases, since they are linked to the 911 street address, responses were made by road and water. Get your application on the LACA website.
• To our safety partner, Dominion Energy, for funding the installation of yellow and black 911 signs on their islands, which serve the same purpose as 911 dock signs.
• To the Lake residents who have successfully advocated for Louisa County funding, and have established a fund raising campaign to make the New Bridge EMS Station a reality. The Rescue Station will serve the Lake Anna community and residents and visitors who experience an emergency on the Lake.
Make It Happen Lake Anna!
The Foundation for Lake Anna Emergency Services for the New Bridge Rescue EMS Station is very close to reaching their goal of raising $100,000. Your contribution now can put them over the top!
To learn more and to make a donation go to: newbridgerescue.com
• Finally, to all LACA safety partners, in addition to LARG—marinas, restaurants, campgrounds, boat and jet ski rentals, Dominion Energy, the State Park, the Coast Guard Auxiliary, TowBoatUS and LKA Signs and Designs— for your continual efforts to make Lake Anna a safer place for all its users.
• We appreciate you all!