Four Seasons SUP Strategy Meeting
October, 28 2021
LACA and various community leaders hosted a well attended strategy meeting. The purpose of the meeting was to inform the community of the Special Use Permit process and to discuss strategies to oppose the commercial RV park that is being proposed in an environmentally fragile area of Lake Anna. Highlights of the meeting are as follows:
SUP Process Explanation
- Developer hosts a community meeting to receive feedback from the community.
- Developer submits plans to the planning commission.
- Planning Commission Staff reviews plan and there are typically several rounds of correspondence between staff and developer.
- A work session is scheduled for staff to present packet to planning commission.
- A public hearing is held on the development and the planning commission votes on the project.
- Regardless of outcome of vote, the developer may request a public hearing with the Board of Supervisors
- The Board of Supervisors' vote is the final say in the decision process.
- At any time you may email the planning commission staff, the planning commissioners or the board of supervisors.
- You may speak for 3 minutes at either the planning commission public hearing or the board of supervisors meeting.
- You may speak for 5 minutes if you represent an organization.
- You may request that your email or letter be read into the record at either meeting. You must include your name, address and specifically request that your remarks to be read into the record. Otherwise, your email or letter will become part of the package, but will not be read at the hearing. Any request for a comment to be read into the record should be sent to Paulette Mann. (Email Below)
- Any remarks that are read into the record must be readable within the 3 or 5 minute timeframe.
- You may not have remarks read into the record and speak at a meeting.
- You do not need to be a Spotsylvania County citizen to speak or have comments read into the record.
Important Email Addresses